Looking for a meeting room?
From a small meeting for up to 5 delegates, to a large residential conference – Hotel Desk can find you a range of available options.
Meetings packages are usually quoted as a Daily Delegate Rate (DDR), and for residential meetings as a 24 hour rate. These can vary from venue to venue but typically include as a minimum:
- Room hire
- 2 or 3 tea and coffee servings
- Delegate stationery
- Basic equipment – e.g. Flip chart and projector
Extras such as parking, AV equipment, Wi-Fi, bedrooms upgrades etc can be included or negotiated into the rate by Hotel Desk.
For meetings of a shorter duration it is also possible to book a venue on a room hire basis only or half DDR.
Meeting room sizes can vary to hold different numbers with different layouts, although it is always more comfortable for delegates not to be at full capacity. Most venues with small to medium sized meeting rooms tend to have natural daylight and air conditioning
At Hotel Desk we can advise you upon the venues and individual meeting rooms that may suit your type and size of event and negotiate on your behalf discounted rates inclusive of value added extras.
Tips for booking your next meeting?
- Always ensure your numbers are within the recommended capacity
- Wherever possible visit the venue and room to check it meets your requirements
- Always confirm the name of the meeting room(s) at the point of booking
- Planning your meeting ahead will provide you with best choice of venues and rates
- Aim for your room to have natural daylight and air conditioning wherever possible
- Ensure syndicate and break-out rooms are located near to your main room
- Examine your venue contract thoroughly before signing